We’re looking for talented developers to join our team and we encourage you to apply. This is an onsite role based from our office in Middlesbrough.
We don’t put much importance on fancy job titles or even academic qualifications. We operate in the real world and want to hear about the real you. The things you’re passionate about, and some of your best projects, not just what you think we want to hear.
We realise everyone is different, so we want you to reach out in whatever way you feel most comfortable. For some that could be a GitHub profile, or a personal project, and for others it could be a covering letter and CV telling us about your past industry experience.
We don’t expect you do have built the next Facebook or cracked middle-out compression at Pied Piper. We’re more interested in people who experiment and create because they love to. People whose talent is matched by their interest. People who find pleasure in solving problems. People who know their limitations, but learn fast.
We have built an international reputation from the heart of Middlesbrough’s tech-focussed Boho Zone. As one of eleven WordPress.com VIP partners, we work with some of the biggest names in news publishing and technology, all as a result of the work done by our dedicated team.
We work with many technologies here, and while we wouldn’t expect you to have experience in all of them, knowledge or familiarity with some of the list below would be beneficial:
- Git and GitHub, e.g. branch, merge, create PRs.
- Package Managers, e.g. npm/Yarn.
- Virtual Machines for browser testing.
- Integrating semantic templates into a PHP based CMS, for example WordPress.
- Working with responsive web design and modular/scalable CSS (SCSS, Flexbox).
- Understanding of accessibility, animation and front-end performance.
- Experience using build tools such as gulp, webpack or rollup.
- Coding standards and quality, e.g. PHPCS, Stylelint, ESlint.
- React, e.g. building a Gutenberg Block.
If you want to work on exciting projects, with interesting clients, and join a growing team then get in touch via email@example.com. Remember, just a friendly message, and a little bit about you would be enough.
Oh, and if you’re a recruiter and have made it this far – thanks for reading but this isn’t for you. We want to hear from our candidates directly, in their own words and with their own work.